The formation of ‘The Ellingham Comrades’ Football Club’ for both parishes (Great and Little Ellingham) was reported in Breckles Deanery & District Magazine of October 1921.
Mr W J Eagling had “kindly consented to allow play on his meadow near the common”.
Officers of the Club elected were:
President: Mr W J Eagling
Vice Presidents: The Rector and Mr H Beales
Captain: Mr H Huggins
Vice Captain: Mr C Beattie
Treasurer: Mr W Eagling
Secretary: Mr Hall
It was also reported that a choir boys’ Football Club has been started and the Club would be glad to arrange matches with teams of school age.
Source: Breckles Deanery and District Magazine October 1921 viewed at the church of All Saints, Rocklands All Saints, Norfolk July 2019